Petha is a well-liked sweet from India
You can’t go to Agra and are available again with out taking a visit to the long-lasting Taj Mahal. As an unsaid rule of thumb, you additionally can’t head again with out attempting Agra ka petha and getting just a few packed packing containers for household and pals. Agra ka petha is a well-liked sweetmeat that’s truly extra like a sweet. It is white-coloured and semi-translucent. It appears chewy on the primary chew after which immediately melts in your mouth leaving a beautiful sweet-after style. Another motive why this petha is so common is as a result of it’s product of a seasonal vegetable which can also be referred to as petha or Ash gourd. The gourd vegetable is a treasure of well being advantages, its is nice for digestion, intestine, pores and skin and liver.
In this recipe video meals vlogger Jyoti Dalmia reveals us the right way to make Agra ka petha however with a ketogenic spin.
1. Cut out a piece of Ash gourd.
2. Remove the seeds.
3. Remove the pores and skin of the petha vegetable in order that it’s fully white from all sides.
4. Slice it into small cubes of identical sizes.
5. Prick every dice with fork.
6. Transfer it into an enormous dish. Add water and let the ash gourd soak.
7. Add pickling lime or calcium hydroxide also called choona. Do so solely solely in small quantity or after measuring and consulting an knowledgeable. Excess could trigger tummy troubles. Alternatively, you should utilize alum powder.
8. Mix every part effectively. Stir utilizing spoon till water turns into barely white.
9. Cover it up. Keep the petha cubes coated for at the very least 7-8 hours.
10. Take one other bowl with water, take the cubes and dip it in water to clean off the lime. Make positive you wash it correctly, do it till you’re positive there is no such thing as a ounce of lime left.
11. Take a pan and drop the ash gourd items. Add some water. Cover the lid and boil the ash gourd items in order that they turn out to be tender. Take out the cubes and drain the water.
12. Take the cubs and drop it in a pan and add stevia or any pure sweetener other than sugar that you just need. Mix and prepare dinner on low flame. Add water, it helps velocity up the blending. Cover and prepare dinner on low flame until the water dries up.
13. Add some lemon juice, only for a citrusy kick. Cook till water begins drying.
14. Your petha sweet is sort of carried out. Dry these items on a rack for at the very least 3-4 hours. Munch away.
You can discover the detailed recipe right here. Try it at house and tell us the way you favored it in feedback beneath.
(This content material together with recommendation offers generic info solely. It is by no means an alternative to certified medical opinion. Always seek the advice of a specialist or your personal physician for extra info. NDTV doesn’t declare accountability for this info.)
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a powerful penchant for meals, Sushmita loves all issues good, tacky and greasy. Her different favorite pastime actions apart from discussing meals consists of, studying, watching films and binge-watching TV reveals.