Sports

ECB chief executive says no strict bubble for India-England series | Cricket News – Times of India


LONDON: ECB‘s chief executive Tom Harrison on Thursday mentioned a strict bio-bubble is not going to imposed for the upcoming India-England Test series regardless of a number of COVID-19 circumstances in each groups within the lead as much as the competition starting August 4.
Two constructive circumstances had been detected within the Indian camp forward their observe recreation in Durham whereas England needed to discipline a again squad within the series in opposition to Pakistan after discovering a number of constructive circumstances within the squad following the previous series in opposition to Sri Lanka.
In basic, the circumstances too are rising within the UK with greater than 42,000 infections reported on Wednesday.
Harrison feels gamers and different stakeholders must be taught to dwell with COVID-19.
“We’re in a different scenario to 12 months ago or even six months ago really with respect to how we cope with Covid. We’re really trying to learn how we live with it and create safe environments for people as opposed to bio-secure environments,” Harrison was quoted as saying by Cricbuzz.
“There’s a huge difference between the two. Players are just fed up with bio-security and bubbles and that language we have become so used to using. It’s had such a detrimental impact on mental health for players, time away from families. We are just not able to operate that kind of environment going forward.
“We must be taught to deal with Covid. We’re going to be dwelling with it now for the foreseeable future so mitigation is the phrase versus prevention. We suppose we have inbuilt sufficient protocols now simply to attempt to mitigate the influence of frankly inevitable infections.”
Harrison said it is important to ensure that entire squad need not be replaced like it pretty much happened in the series against Pakistan.
“I feel that’s the place we try to make sure that we do not have situations the place total squads are taken out of circulation as a result of of one or two native infections.
“So we’re working very hard to make sure those protocols are in place for the remainder of the season. We’ve communicated these protocols to the various camps and various teams and also the international and county environment,” mentioned Harrison.
Even the shut contacts must isolate for 10 days as per authorities pointers.
Can that point interval be lowered?
“We talk to government all the time. The reality is that the guidelines are set down by Public Health England so we don’t have the ability to create new guidance just for cricket that isn’t sanctioned by PHE or central government.
“So we live with the present pointers nevertheless it is not inconceivable to function throughout the context of these pointers to have a profitable setting,” he added.



You may also like

More in:Sports

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *