Entertainment

Model Chantel Giacalone left brain damaged after eating pretzel, receives Rs 220 crore in compensation


Las Vegas: A jury has awarded USD 29.5 million to the household of a lady who was left brain damaged after being handled for a extreme allergic response by an ambulance service in Las Vegas in 2013.

Then-27-year-old Chantel Giacalone went into anaphylactic shock after biting right into a pretzel infused with peanut butter whereas in Las Vegas for a conference, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported Friday.

Giacalone’s lawyer, Christian Morris, stated she misplaced oxygen to her brain for a interval of minutes after looking for therapy from MedicWest Ambulance, which was working the medic station that day.

Morris argued in a civil lawsuit that MedicWest Ambulance negligently handled her allergic response.

He argued that neither of the 2 medics on-site that day had IV epinephrine, an adrenaline therapy for extreme allergic reactions that’s required by the Southern Nevada Health District. According to testimony throughout a three-week trial, the requirement was established by a process drive the corporate sits on.

Morris stated the medics as an alternative deployed intramuscular epinephrine, however IVs are required for full anaphylaxis.

He argued the price of the drug was solely USD 2.42. The lawsuit was looking for greater than USD 60 million in damages for medical bills and emotional struggling.

MedicWest denied any wrongdoing and stated the end result was inevitable due to Giacalone’s heightened sensitivity to peanuts. Attorney William Drury argued Giacalone by no means misplaced consciousness. 



You may also like

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *