The very concept of aam ka achar takes us again to the childhood. Remember these frequent excursions to the kitchen to steal handful of achar from daadi’s and naani’s pickle jar? Sundried items of mangoes, coated with a pool of spices – achar is all about aroma and flavours. It performs a big function within the meals tradition of India and holds a relentless place in our each day food regimen. Pair it with roti, paratha or dal-chawal – achar makes our meal style simply higher. If you ask us, the in depth variation in its recipe fascinates us probably the most. If you go searching, you’ll each family having their very own achar recipe that’s handed on by means of generations. This is why the method of pickling in India is deemed to be a convention.
We simply love exploring these variations in achar recipes – some prefer it candy, whereas others prefer it tangy. Some folks observe the standard sun-drying course of to make achar, whereas others put together it on fuel range to avoid wasting time and power. In some elements of India, additionally, you will discover pounded pickles that may’t be preserved for lengthy and are finest loved recent.
During our analysis, we got here throughout an instantaneous achar recipe that features each the trendy and conventional means of pickling – this recipe witness utilization of each sun-drying and gas-stove cooking strategies. It’s aam ka metha achar or candy mango pickle. This achar is made in sugar syrup, with some flavourful achari masalas that embody garam masala, fennel seeds, black salt, purple chilli et al. You can have it as is or pair along with your meal. We like having it on the finish of our meal so as to add a candy notice to our palate, and likewise cleanse it.
This explicit recipe has been shared by meals vlogger Reshu on her YouTube channel ‘Cooking with Reshu’. According to her, if saved correctly, one can protect this pickle for as much as a yr. All you want to do is calm down the achar and switch it in a clear and dry glass jar, with an hermetic lid. Now, with out additional ado, let’s check out the recipe.
How To Make Aam Ka Meetha Achar | Sweet Mango Pickle Recipe:
- Wash the uncooked mangoes and soak in water for an hour.
- Peel the mangoes and slice them into medium sized items.
- Now boil water add the sliced mangoes in it. Boil on medium flame till the pulp turns mushy.
- Now pressure the water and unfold the mangoes on a clear material, and sun-dry for an hour or two.
- Add sugar and water in a kadhai and boil till it turns into syrup.
- Add the mango slices within the syrup and boil for a couple of minutes. Stir sometimes.
- Add salt, black salt, ginger powder, garam masala, Kashmiri purple chilli powder, cardamom powder, fennel powder.
- Let it boil till you get a thick consistency. Keep stirring sometimes.
And your candy mango pickle is able to be relished. Give it a try to tell us the way you prefer it.
Watch The Step-By-Step Recipe Video Here:
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- that is what Somdatta likes to name herself. Be it when it comes to meals, folks or locations, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A easy aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a very good film could make her day.